3M Water Filtration Products Model SGP124BN-T single cartridge water filtration system helps provide consistent high quality water for espresso and espresso based drinks at flow rates up to 0.5 gpm (1.9 lpm).
A high capacity weak acid ion-exchange resin reduces calcium and magnesium ions to help prevent hard scale formation on heating coils and boilers resulting in energy inefficiency, downtime and expensive service calls.
Inlet water TDS and alkalinity are also reduced. Premium activated carbon reduces chlorine taste and odor and bitterness associated with poor water quality.
A built-in bypass direct 75% of the inlet water through the media.
- P124BN-T has a capacity of 423 gallons (1,601 liters) for inlet water with 180 ppm (10.5 gpg) hardness.
- Consistent great tasting espresso and espresso drinks from water with reduced hardness, alkalinity, TDS and chlorine taste and odor.
- Increased lifetime and capacity from a built-in bypass that allows 25% of inlet water to pass through untreated.
- NSF and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant materials.
- Reduced hard scale formation on the heating coils by the reduction of calcium and expensive service calls. magnesium ions results in improved energy efficiency and reduced downtime
- Valve-in-head design simultaneously shuts off and vents water, allowing for simple and virtually trouble-free cartridge change-outs without the need to shut off the upstream feed water.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated cartridge design allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs with a 1/4 turn.
- 3/8” FNPT horizontal inlet and outlet ports allow direct or easily adaptable connections to existing plumbing lines.
- Optional pressure gauge allows monitoring of downstream water pressure.